I’m testing protein recipes at the moment and I think I’ve found a few winners. This is the first of many and I hope you like them. This time I stole a recipe from the Civilised Caveman and added a touch of spice to it. So BIG thanks to the man behind my favourite man-made Paleo blog! I am really loving testing out all his recipes at the moment. Right, so; this one is a little different, they come out quite soft and squishy and keep pretty well for about 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder (preferably pure whey isolate or Vanilla Sunwarrior, but you could use any vanilla (be warned, the outcome may differ )
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (melted if its hard – some are more creamy)
- 2 tbsp of almond butter (or any other nut butter you fancy)
- 5 eggs
- 2tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey or date syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of stem giner – finely diced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of dark chocolate of your choice chopped up into tiny pieces!
Heat oven to 200 degrees, slice each sweet potato in half and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Leave to cool and then scoop the flesh out into a bowl and throw the skin away.
Turn oven down to 180, line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
Mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips well. Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture onto the baking tray, stick them in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes.